My Garmin GPS Edge 800 is now 3 weeks old. Everything is working perfectly. After unpacking and charging I uploaded only once the latest firmware. Then everything is set up.
I use OSM maps of Lambert, the work properly. However, the routing sends one every now and then on non-paved paths, although the option can not choose to do. May be due to the OSM maps.
I bought the device without the bundle. It works fine with a heart rate transmitter and cadence of previous generations of equipment. Compared with the 705er shows me the device as a logical development: better display, more possibilities for data visualization, temperature measurement, and especially the touch screen – WOW. The processor seems much faster.
Notes and Actions
Discover other GPS devices and accessories in the Garmin Store.
Product features of Edge 800 GPS
- GPS cycling Computer with touch screen operation with a sporty and classy carbon design
- 6.6 cm (2.6 “) color touch screen display, which is bestensablesbar in all lighting conditions
- Barometric altimeter for precise determination of the elevation data, optional display of heart rate and cadence
- PC connection for training and evaluation compatible with performance measurement, SRM and PowerTap
- Delivery: Edge 800, bike mount, AC charger, USB cable, quick start guide
I would recommend a mini-SD card to be used, because it has more memory. The memory of the device itself seems very much limited (can not you play large maps). The interface with the training center also works flawlessly and I had been with Garmin Connect, no worries. As the competitors will have to work very good to beat that.
By the way, compare prices is also worthwhile here.